Saturday, February 4, 2012

The Second Life Blogger group & Social Media

It seems I can not longer ignore other social web pages. I have a Blogger account and I am on Facebook. I joint Facebook because my SL sister Jenna wanted to share some of her pictures but that is all I do with Facebook.

So what is social media?
Social media includes web-based and mobile technologies used to turn communication into interactive dialogue. Andreas Kaplan and Michael Haenlein define social media as "a group of Internet-based applications that build on the ideological and technological foundations of Web 2.0, and that allow the creation and exchange of user-generated content." Social media is media for social interaction as a super-set beyond social communication. Enabled by ubiquitously accessible and scalable communication techniques, social media has substantially changed the way organizations, communities, and individuals communicate.
Source wikipedia

Yesterday Joaopedro Oh asked be if I am on Flickr so that I could see his pictures. I told him that I was not and that I already have work enough with my Blogger account. But I was curious about his pictures so I joint Flickr. Today I was reading Bock McMillian's and Eddi Haskell's post about "SL Bloggers Group Back in Business...". So I sent in my application to join the group and joined Twitter.
Please not hate me when I'm lazy.

2 comments:

Bock McMillan said...

Haha they do keep us busy don´t they?

Well, I dropped FB after they kicked out a few of my friends so I have some time over!

Looking forward to seeing you at the clubhouse and in the group, Christo! ;)

Christo's Second Live said...

Yes Bock, they sure keep us busy. lol
The future will learn if I keep FB.
Hope to see you in the club house, if they let me in.