Monday, November 7, 2011

A gift from Titos

Last week Titos send me these set of matryoshka dolls he made.
"A matryoshka doll is a Russian nesting doll (Russian: Матрёшка) which is a set of wooden dolls of decreasing size placed one inside the other. The first Russian nested doll set was carved in 1890 by Vasily Zvyozdochkin from a design by Sergey Malyutin, who was a folk crafts painter at Abramtsevo. Traditionally the outer layer is a woman, dressed in a sarafan, a long and shapeless traditional Russian peasant jumper dress. The figures inside may be of either gender; the smallest, innermost doll is typically a baby lathed from a single piece of wood. Much of the artistry is in the painting of each doll, which can be very elaborate. The dolls often follow a theme, aside from the typical traditional peasant girls, the themes vary, from fairy tale characters to Soviet leaders."


It sure took him some time to fit the textures on these sculpt prims. But he sure did a great job and I gave them a fine place at our house.

Titos is an old friend. I mean old, in how long we know each other. We met when we both exploring Second Life and became friends Sunday, March 22, 2009.
I remember that Titos (born SL 2008-08-15) talked about Greece. The country where he is born in real and lives. And when he talks about Greece or politics he is hard to stop.
Not long after we met he asked me things about building and I was glad that I could help him with some things. He did build a club that looked great for somebody that was just so short on SL. The few times I was there, he had a nice crowd and al seems to go well till suddenly I not saw him often on SL anymore. But he came back and started a new club. I even could help a little with some textures for a headphone with the name of his club at that time named: Envy. How poor my skills look if I see what he makes now. I not made that logo and I not dear to show you what I made of it. He did build also this new club himself. Also I remember that he invited me to show his work on a friend's sim. 
Not sure when that was.
But after sometime he left SL again and now he is back as builder.

titos Xue
Founder & Creator of Agora Prefabs
Quality houses commercial buildings and furnitures ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

No comments: