Monday, March 10, 2014

The Elopement Party of Bock and Tomias

Saturday, after our party at T.R.A.C.S, Tim and I went to The Elopement Party of Bock and Tomias. 
The word elopement, was a new word for me. 
To elope, most literally, merely means to run away and to not come back to the point of origination. More specifically, elopement is often used to refer to a marriage conducted in sudden and secretive fashion, usually involving hurried flight away from one's place of residence together with one's beloved with the intention of getting married. 
Today the term "elopement" is colloquially used for any marriage performed in haste or in private or without a public period of engagement. Some couples elope because they dislike or cannot afford an expensive wedding ceremony, or wish to avoid objections from parents, or religious obligations.

Bock wrote on his Blog:
Tomais and I eloped and were married on January 1st, 2014. This party is not a wedding, we just want you to come, relax, have fun and share and celebrate our happiness at being together.
Poster by Tomais Ashdene 
On the invitation was written:
WHY: Tomais and I eloped and were married on January 1st, 2014. This party is not a wedding, we just want you to come, relax, have fun and share and celebrate our happiness at being together.
WHEN: Today Saturday March 8, 2014, at 1 PM - 3 PM SLT
WHERE: The Lounge in the Sky at Southern Charm
WHAT TO WEAR: The theme is "A Night at the Movies", so come as your favorite movie characters or just come as yourself. It is more important that you are there than what you are wearing.
WITH: DJ's Ryder Yowman and Rylan Sirnah will be providing the musical entertainment.
WHO: Everyone who cares about us and bring along your friends also! The more the merrier!

No gifts please! We have however set up two donation boxes for charities Tomais and I believe are worthy of your generosity, one for ACT (The AIDS Committee of Toronto) and the other for Second Pride.
-----------------------------------------------------
When Tim and I arrived there were 52 people on the sim. The party was at that time already going on for more than 2 hours and I have no idea how much people already left than, but I think it is very impressive. With so much people around, it is not a good moment to have a normal conversation with the host (Bock in this case. I hardly know Tomais) who is busy to welcome and say good bye to guests. I think I even missed Bock's hug invite. (I'm sorry Bock).   

I saw some old friends and exit friends. It was nice to get an IM from a friend from a friend who said that he liked to meet me for the first time because our mutual friends said some nice words about me and River Island. Further I had a nice IM with somebody about Charlie Chaplin and the movie "The Great Dictator" (that was my outfit when I arrived at the party). Overall it was a nice party. I wish Bock and Tomais a long life together. 
▲▼ Bock
▲▼ Tomais

No comments: