Monday, September 24, 2012

Dee Timeless

SECOND LIFE:
Dee has been playing in SL as a solo acoustic guitar artist since June, 2010. She has played dozens of clubs and venues - always invited back. She has a moderate but hardcore following members in her group "Dee's Meepers!".
As opposed to many who simply strum, Dee is a well-seasoned musician who strives to be a whole band on one instrument, using a variety of styles to promote a strong-driving musical presence accompanied by a high-caliber unique vocal presence. People who hear her perform are impressed with the level of musicianship, and many are thrilled to hear great songs done right that they haven't heard in ages. She does a lot of songs that are extremely challenging, many of which will not be heard elsewhere on SL.

Material covered is a broad variety, brilliantly arranged for acoustic. It ranges from 60's through modern - mostly mainstream but adding in a few obscure selections. Dee tackles some rather complex arrangments like Classical Gas, and Steve Howe. A sample of artists covered includes Beatles, ELP, Radiohead, Fuel, Fleetwood Mac, Pink Floyd, SRV. Dee also has clever original songs - with many more on the way.

REAL LIFE:
I've played guitar and been in bands for 30 years, and made a living playing music in RL for about 9 years. I play bass, guitar, some keyboard, and drums, and sing. I was heavily influenced by Rush, Yes, Tangerine Dream, Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, and so many others! I'm also a sound engineer and have done a good bit of recording. I am transgendered in RL, and so it should not come as a surprise that I have a female avatar, yet a singing voice which sounds mostly masculine.

What Else is There by Royksopp, performed acoustically by Dee 
at a gig on Second Life, December 21, 2011.

What Else Is There? lyrics

It was me on that road
But you couldn't see me
Too many lights out, but nowhere near here

It was me on that road
Still you couldn't see me
 And the flashlights and explosions

Road's end getting nearer
We cover distance but not together
I am the storm, and I am the wonder
And the flashlights, nightmares, sudden explosions

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish

It's about you and the sun
A morning run
The story of my maker
What I have and what I ache for

I've got a golden ear
I cut and I spear
And what else is there?
Road's end getting nearer
We cover distance still not together

If I am the storm, if I am the wonder
Will I have flashlights, nightmares, sudden explosions?

I don't know what more to ask for
I was giving just one wish

Road's end getting nearer
We cover distance but not together
I am the storm and I am the wonder
And the flashlights, nightmares, sudden explosions

There is no room where I can go and
You've got secrets too

I don't know what more to ask for
I was given just one wish


"What Else Is There?" is the third single from the Norwegian duo Röyksopp's second album The Understanding. It features the vocals of Karin Dreijer Andersson from the electronica duo The Knife. The album was released in the UK with the help of Astralwerks.

The single was used in an O2 television advertisement in the Czech Republic and in Slovakia during 2008. It was also used in the 2006 film Cashback and the 2007 film, Meet Bill. Trentemøller's remix of "What Else is There" was featured in an episode of the popular HBO TV show Entourage.


Svein Berge (born 17 February 1976 in Tromsø, Norway)
Torbjørn Brundtland (10 May 1975) in Tromsø, Norway)

No comments: