Tuesday, October 4, 2011

The party's over. part 1

Last weekend there was no party at T.R.A.C.S. The week before we had our last party and at the same time it was the end of the posts named
"the gay weekend clubs".

History of T.R.A.C.S.
The idea to have our own parties came original from Rod. I had seen a factory that, after a little modeling, would fit great at the urban town I had in my mind to build. It needed a name and I played with the first letters of our names. Tim, Rod and Christo's. So our club name became T.R.A.C.S. The song Sledge Hammer of Peter Gabriel became the Club tune:
I picked that song because of the first part of the song:

You could have a steam train
If you'd just lay down your T.R.A.C.S.
You could have an aeroplane flying
If you bring your blue sky back

all you do is call me
I'll be anything you need

See also this older post:

On October 3rd 2009 we had our first party at T.R.A.C.S., at that time at Christo Island. The first parties where not on a regular basis. Rod and Tim did the DJ work and I made the flyers and did try to decorate the club. Not long after that we met Jenna and she also started to DJ at T.R.A.C.S. I think because Jenna did know Bernard, we went also often to Open Minds. Short there was also Gay Factory, another club, where we went. 
The owner (Marc) wanted to create an alliance with other gay clubs. 
We did try that but it did not work. 
Think that every club in that alliance had there own idea how to have benefit of it.
In the first part of 2010 we also start to go more regular to the parties on Sweetgrass 
and I went a few times to Coral Reef.

The rest of 2010 we went often to Open Minds and Sweetgrass but not every weekend and that was okay and felt okay. I see that also at the posts about the parties where we went. But mostly because of, at that time, I placed text with the photos.
But during 2010, the text with the pictures of the parties becomes less and slowly disappeared.

Till now 2010 was the year I post the most. But the posts about the parties I gave more and more, during that year, less attention. But moving through the posts of 2011 I see that we had some wonderful themes and I made some great flyers for them. Sweets and T.R.A.C.S. also started to place the poster of the next week event in each others club.
Club T.R.A.C.S. did start to feel tight and in December 2010 I made a start to demolish or old harbor to make an Event Centre. 
Also in my posts about the parties, the text returns.
When I look back on 2010, than I remember that the termination of Karl Huet had a big impact on me. The idea that one could easy loose all took away the fun to build.
But at the end of 2010 that creativity did return.

History of the gay weekend clubs
Every Friday we went to Open Minds an every Sunday to Sweetgrass.
On December 10th, 2010 I took the initiative to publish the logo of the some kind of union that came into existence between Open Minds, Sweetgrass and T.R.A.C.S.
We already publish, by group notes, what party and theme other clubs had in the weekend.
I made the poster and Tim give it the name: "the gay weekend clubs".

I did that with out asking Norbie owner of Sweetgrass and Bernard owner of Open Minds.
But everybody seems to be agree and used the logo at there club.

End 2010 it happen what I was so afraid of, we lost the sim.
Our landlady got in, or made, trouble with Linden Lab. I leave to others to judge that.
We got the time to clean the sim.

To be continued.

No comments: