Sunday, January 10, 2010

I would run away with you

My sister JennaRose starts to be a prominent person, as you maybe already saw in older post, on my Blog. Friday she did a life performance at Open Minds and she sang this great song of the Corrs. I love Celtic music. Sis you have a lovely voice.
"Runaway" is the début single by the Irish family band The Corrs. It was released in September 1995, and had middling chart success except in Ireland and Australia, where it peaked at #10. In the UK singles chart, it reached #49.
The song was written by Sharon, Caroline and Andrea Corr. Andrea has said the first time she sang it in front of her parents, she was embarrassed because of the line "make love to me through the night". She noted that she knew her mother would be thinking "where did she learn that?!"

RUNAWAY - The Corrs (you hear a unplugged version)

Say it's true, there's nothing like me and you
I'm not alone, tell me you feel it too

And I would run away
I would run away, yeah, yeah
I would run away
I would run away with you

'Cause I am falling in love with you
No never, I'm never gonna stop
Falling in love with you

Close the door, lay down upon the floor
And by candlelight, make love to me through the night
(through the night)

'Cause I have run away
I have run away, yeah, yeah
I have run away, run away
I have run away with you

'Cause I am falling in love (falling in love) with you
No never, I'm never gonna stop
Falling in love with you
With you

And I would runaway
I would runaway, yeah, yeah
I would runaway (runaway)
I would runaway with you

'Cause I am falling in love (falling in love) with you
No never, I'm never gonna stop
Falling in love with you

Falling in love (falling in love) with you
No never, I'm never gonna stop falling in love with you

With you, my love, with you
(With you, with you, with you, with you)

The Corrs are a Celtic folk rock group from Dundalk, Ireland.
Music is a family affair for the Corrs as the members of the band are all related. These Irish siblings include: Andrea Corr (vocals, tin whistle), Sharon Corr (backing vocals, violin), Caroline Corr (backing vocals, bodhrán, drums) and Jim Corr (guitar, backing vocals, and keyboards).
After forming in 1990, the Corrs had their unique sound showcased to an international audience at the 1996 Summer Olympics in Atlanta, Georgia in the United States, and their support of Celine Dion on her 1996 Falling into You Tour. This attention sent the band to the top of the charts in many parts of the world with their debut single “Runaway” and their award-winning album “Forgiven, Not Forgotten”.
Over the next ten years, four albums followed including: “Talk on Corners” (1997), “In Blue” (2000), “Borrowed Heaven” (2004) and “Home” (2005). The Corrs have released three live albums to date: “The Corrs – Live” (1997), “The Corrs Unplugged” (1999) and “VHS 1 Presents: The Corrs, Live in Dublin” (2002).

Since 2006, The Corrs have been hiatus. While Sharon, Jim and Caroline are spending their time raising their families, Andrea is working on her solo career. Andrea released her first album, “Ten Feet High” in June 2007 which did rather well in many parts of the world.

No comments: