Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Coffee sings Wild Horses at SkyBlue's 4th Rezz Day Party

Last week I was at SkyBlue's Rezz Day Party. Tim joined me later.
I loved the life performances of the artists. Specially want to mention Coffee Jaworower.
A few days later Sky did send this note and video.
SkyBlue wrote:
I'm 4 years old! That called for a birthday party. It was all organized by my dear friend Nobody, live musician was my friend Coffee Jaworower, song written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards and it took place at Stardream Club in Second Life; the largest virtual world on the internet.
A big thanks to everyone who was there, you made it very special.
Be sure to select HD/720 to see the movie at its best. (video is made by Gregory Bond)
You can see more of Gregory's art at http://artefactory.ch/gallery/index.p... and follow him on http://GregoryBond.com and https://www.facebook.com/GregoryBondArt

As Sky already wrote that "Wild Horses" is a song by The Rolling Stones from their 1971 album Sticky Fingers, written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards.
Released as the second US-only single in June 1971, "Wild Horses" reached #28 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. Although popular at the Rolling Stones' live shows, "Wild Horses" has been released on only one live album—in a reworked version on the 1995 acoustic/live album Stripped. This version was released as a single in 1996. The song appears on a handful of the Stones' concert DVDs: Bridges to Babylon Tour '97–98 (1998), Rolling Stones - Four Flicks (2004), and The Biggest Bang (2007).
In 2007, Jagger's ex-wife, Jerry Hall, named "Wild Horses" as her favorite Rolling Stones song.

Wild Horses

Childhood living is easy to do
 The things you wanted I bought them for you
 Graceless lady you know who I am
 You know I cant let you slide through my hands

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
 Wild, wild horses, couldnt drag me away

I watched you suffer a dull aching pain
 Now you decided to show me the same
 No sweeping exits or offstage lines
 Could make me feel bitter or treat you unkind

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
 Wild, wild horses, couldnt drag me away

I know I dreamed you a sin and a lie
 I have my freedom but I dont have much time
 Faith has been broken, tears must be cried
 Lets do some living after we die

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
 Wild, wild horses, well ride them some day

Wild horses couldnt drag me away
 Wild, wild horses, well ride them some day

The album Sticky Fingers is the ninth British and 11th American studio album and released in April 1971.  
I Specially want to mention the cover.
The album's artwork emphasizes the suggestive innuendo of the Sticky Fingers title, showing a close-up of a jeans-clad male crotch with the visible outline of a large penis; the cover of the original (vinyl) release featured a working zipper and mock belt buckle that opened to reveal cotton briefs. The vinyl release displayed the band's name and album title along the image of the belt; behind the zipper the white briefs were seemingly rubber stamped in gold with the name of American pop artist Andy Warhol, below which read "THIS PHOTOGRAPH MAY NOT BE—ETC." While the artwork was conceived by Warhol, photography was by Billy Name and design by Craig Braun.
The cover photo of a male model's crotch clad in tight blue jeans was assumed by many fans to be an image of Mick Jagger, but the people actually involved at the time of the photo shoot claim that Warhol had several different men photographed (Jagger was not among them) and never revealed which shots he used. Among the candidates, Jed Johnson, Warhol's lover at the time, denied it was his likeness, although his twin brother Jay is a possibility. Those closest to the shoot, and subsequent design, name Factory artist and designer Corey Tippin as the likeliest candidate. Warhol "superstar" Joe Dallesandro claims to have been the model.
After retailers complained that the zipper was causing damage to the vinyl (from stacked shipments of the record), the zipper was "unzipped" slightly to the middle of the record, where damage would be minimized.
The album features the first usage of the band's "tongue & lips" logo, which was originally designed by Ernie Cefalu. Although Ernie's version was used for much of the merchandising and was the design originally shown to the band by Craig Braun, the design used for the album was illustrated by John Pasche.
In 2003, the TV network VH1 named Sticky Fingers the "No. 1 Greatest Album Cover" of all time.

No comments: