Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Clocks (song)

"Clocks" is a song by British alternative rock band Coldplay. It was written by all members of the band for their second album, A Rush of Blood to the Head. Built around a piano riff, the song features cryptic lyrics of contrast and urgency themes. Several remixes of the track exist and its riff has been widely sampled.

"Clocks" debuted to critical and commercial success, with critics mainly commenting on the song's piano melody. It was released in the United Kingdom as the third single from A Rush of Blood to the Head, where it reached number nine in the UK Singles Chart. It was released in the United States as the album's second single, it reached number 29 on the Billboard Hot 100 and number 9 on Billboard's Modern Rock Tracks chart. It won the Grammy Award for Record of the Year. A number of versions and remixes of "Clocks" exist.
Clocks lyrics

 Lights go out and I can't be saved
 Tides that I tried to swim against
 Have put me down upon my knees
 Oh I beg, I beg and please singing

Come out of things unsaid
 Shoot an apple off my head
 Trouble that cant be named
 Tigers waiting to be tamed singing

You are
 You are

Confusion never stops
 Closing walls and ticking clocks
 Gonna come back and take you home
 I could not stop the tune I know singing

Come out upon my seas,
 Cursed missed opportunities
 Am I a part of the cure
 Or am I part of the disease, singing

You are, you are, you are
 You are, you are, you are

And nothing else compares
 And nothing else compares
 And nothing else compares

You are
 You are

Home, home where I wanted to go
 Home, home where I wanted to go
 Home, home where I wanted to go
 Home, home where I wanted to go

No comments: