Monday, August 19, 2013

TATTOO chapter I

"Tattoo" is a song by American recording artist Jordin Sparks, taken from her self-titled debut album. Written by Amanda Ghost, Ian Dench and Stargate, with the latter also producing the song, "Tattoo" was released on August 27, 2007 as the lead single from the album.

"Tattoo" received mixed to positive reviews from critics, who noted its similarities to Beyoncé's 2006 hit, "Irreplaceable". The song peaked inside the top ten in the United States, Australia and Canada, and reached the top twenty in New Zealand and Germany. It has since been certified platinum in Australia and the United States. The song's music video premiered on Yahoo! Music on November 2, 2007. It was directed by Matthew Rolston and features a cameo appearance from sixth season American Idol runner-up, Blake Lewis. A second music video for "Tattoo" was directed by Scott Speer and released only in European countries in September 2008, due to the song failing to make an impact on the singles charts there.

Jordin Sparks
Jordin Brianna Sparks (born December 22, 1989) is an American singer-songwriter and actress. In 2007, she came to prominence after winning the sixth season of American Idol; at age 17, she became the youngest winner in the series' history. Her self-titled debut album was released later that year; it was certified platinum by the RIAA and has sold over two million copies worldwide. The album spawned US Billboard Hot 100 top ten singles "Tattoo" and "No Air"; the latter is currently the third highest-selling single by any American Idol contestant, selling over three million digital copies in the US. The song earned Sparks her first Grammy Award nomination for Best Pop Collaboration with Vocals.

"Tattoo" was written by Amanda Ghost, Ian Dench and Norwegian production team StarGate, with the latter also producing the track. According to Sparks, she loved the song the first time she heard it and immediately wanted to record it. In an interview with Digital Spy, she spoke of the song saying:

"Tattoo's a song that can go so many different ways. Some people think of it as a break-up song, but, for me, it's about somebody who comes into your life and really touches you - be they a friend, a family member or someone you're in a relationship with. You know, with that kind of person, you can't just erase them from your memory if things go wrong. They're stuck there like a tattoo."

Music video
The European version of the music video was directed by Scott Speer and was filmed to coincide with the song's re-release in Europe, due to the lack of interest of the original. The video was released in September 2008. It features Sparks in a room with several other people, at what appears to be a college gathering. As she begins to sing, Sparks is shown with a "love" tattoo on her upper arm, as vines draw themselves down her arm. Following this, the ink begins to appear on the others and the floors of the room, creating tattoos in the process. Some of the people in the room are couples, and the tattoos seem to bring them closer. The created tattoos depict images and words, such as a heart or the words "free" and "peace." Sparks is also shown by herself in an empty room, with a mirror covering the wall throughout. During one point, Sparks self-consciously looks in the mirror, coinciding with the song lyric "when I looked in the mirror, didn't deliver." There are also recurring shots of Sparks in another room against a green wall.
Tattoo Lyrics

Oh, oh, oh

No matter what you say about love
 I keep coming back for more
 Keep my hand in the fire
 Sooner or later, I'll get what I'm asking for

No matter what you say about life
 I learn every time I bleed
 That truth is a stranger
 Soul is in danger, I gotta let my spirit be free

To admit that I'm wrong
 And then change my mind
 Sorry but I have to move on
 And leave you behind

[Chorus]
 I can't waste time so give it a moment
 I realize, nothing's broken
 No need to worry 'bout everything I've done
 Live every second like it was my last one
 Don't look back got a new direction
 I loved you once, needed protection
 You're still a part of everything I do
 You're on my heart just like a tattoo

(Just like a tattoo, I'll always have you
 I'll always have you, I'll always have you)

I'm sick of playing all of these games
 It's not about taking sides
 When I looked in the mirror, didn't deliver
 It hurt enough to think that I could

Stop, admit that I'm wrong
 And then change my mind
 Sorry but I gotta be strong
 And leave you behind

[Chorus]

(Just like a tattoo, I'll always have you
 I'll always have you)

[Bridge]
 If I live every moment
 Won't change any moment
 Still a part of me and you
 I will never regret you
 Still the memory of you
 Marks everything i do

[Chorus X2]

Just like a tattoo

 I'll always have you

No comments: