Wednesday, December 28, 2011

The party's NOT over.

Saturday, September 24 was our last party and on Saturday, December 10, we had a party again. There bin many people who have asked me why we stopped. With this cycle of posts, I tried to explain the reason why, now turns out temporarily, we stopped with the parties. That we started again, seem to give fewer questions, but I think is good with this last post about "The Party's Over" to finish and close this article.
When I speak about the parties I always use the pronoun we but most people know that I am the one that is in charge at T.R.A.C.S. I took that role, as head manager, on me and that also made that I feel very responsible for the parties and for T.R.A.C.S. Do Rod and Tim not feel responsible for T.R.A.C.S? Sure they do! Rod and Tim are the two sweetest people in Second Life, who support me and also let me go to do it my way. "If you want Christo, go ahead."
That is not always helpful to slow me down. ;-)
In the past year Rod had many setbacks caused by the economic crisis. I will not be revealed here his private life but that made he was less in Second Life. It seems that things are improving and hope that he will be more online next year. Tim always helps wherever he can. He helps me with the lyrics for the flyers, comes with ideas and is my counselor when I am annoyed about people or things. 
Tim is modest and has a more diplomatic view than I and he holds the ice bucket, in where I can stick my hothead in, when needed.
So a few months ago the fun to organize the parties was total over. So I told Rod and Tim that I needed a sabbatical (from Latin sabbaticus, from Greek sabbatikos, from Arabic Sobat, from Hebrew shabbat i.e., Sabbath, literally a "ceasing": Rest from work, or a hiatus, often lasting from two months to a year.) And they said: "Sure, if you want Christo, go ahead." :-)
At first I not went to parties anymore. But I was not very busy building and 
decorating on the sim either. 
I renewed old contacts, made new friends and thought about how I would like to go on with my Second Life. Than I went to new places other parties and made even more new friends. I did not get an answer on all my questions but now I know, better than ever, that I love music, lyrics, chatting and joking with people.
T.R.A.C.S is back and there will be parties. There will be occasionally other DJs, other kind of music and life concerts. But it will be just for fun. My fun! But everybody is welcome.
Will T.R.A.C.S. be open for ever? I think the board I found on internet could give an answer to that.

No comments: