Sunday, May 19, 2019

Duncan Laurence from The Netherlands wins Eurovision Song Contest 2019

The Grand Final of Eurovision Song Contest 2019 took place live from Tel Aviv, where 26 countries competed for the trophy, and the honor of hosting next year's Eurovision Song Contest
After 3,5 hours of music, performances, entertainment and excitement, Duncan Laurence from the Netherlands was crowned as the winner of the 64th Eurovision Song Contest with the song Arcade.
It's the fifth time the Netherlands wins Eurovision. Last time was in Eurovision Song Contest 1975 where Teach-In won with "Ding-A-Dong".

Duncan Laurence won the Eurovision Song Contest 2019, in Tel Aviv, Israel with 492 points from 41 International Juries and the Public Vote. The Juries gave him 231 points, while the Public Vote got him 261 points.
He was ahead of Italy with 465 points.
Personal life
In a press conference shortly before the Eurovision final, Laurence came out as bisexual: "I am more than just an artist, I am a person, I am a living being, I’m bisexual, I’m a musician, I stand for things. And I’m proud that I get the chance to show what I am, who I am.”

No comments: