Sunday, May 22, 2011

EASY

       easy like sunday morning

"Easy" is a 1977 hit single by Commodores for the Motown label, from their fifth studio album, Commodores.
 Written by Commodores lead singer Lionel Richie, the song, a slow ballad with country and western roots, expresses a man's feelings as he ends a relationship. Rather than being depressed about the break-up, he states that he is instead "easy like Sunday morning."
 Richie wrote "Easy" with the intention of it becoming another crossover hit for the group, given the success of a previous single, "Just to Be Close to You", which spent 2 weeks at #1 on the Billboard R&B chart and peaked at #7 on the Billboard Hot 100 pop charts in 1976.
 Released in March 1977, "Easy" reached #1 on the Billboard R&B chart, and #4 on the Billboard Hot 100. The success of "Easy" paved the way for similar Richie-composed hit ballads such as "Three Times a Lady", and "Still", and also for Richie's later solo hits.
 The song is noted for a feedback noise, with an echo, that is heard in the Bridge of the song. Also, an electric guitar solo dominates the instrumental portion of the song. In addition, the other Commodores are heard singing wordless harmonies during the Chorus of the song.
The edited version receives the most airplay. The longer version from the album features the chorus being repeated more times, a half step up, from A Flat Major to A Major, a few times before it fades out.
The song appears on the game Karaoke Revolution Presents: American Idol. 
source wikipedia

"Easy"
 Know it sounds funny
 But I just can't stand the pain
 Girl I'm leaving you tomorrow
 Seems to me girl
 You know I've done all I can
 You see I begged, stole
 And I borrowed

Ooh, that's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning
 That's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning

Why in the world
 Would anyboddy put chains on me?
 I've paid my dues to make it
 Everbody wants me to be
 What they want me to be
 I'm not happy when I try to fake it!
 No!

Ooh,that's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning
 That's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning

I wanna be high, so high
 I wanna be free to know
 The things I do are right
 I wanna be free
 Just me, babe!

That's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning
 That's why I'm easy
 I'm easy like sunday morning
 Because I'm easy
 Easy like sunday morning
 Because I'm easy
 Easy like sunday morning
     easy like sunday morning

No comments: