Wednesday, June 19, 2013

ICE CREAM chapter I

ICE CREAM SONGS
"I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream" is maybe the most well-know ice cream song. It was written by song lyricist Howard Johnson (June 2, 1887-May 1, 1941) He was inducted into the Songwriters Hall of Fame in 1970.

Songwriter, author and lyricist, Johnson was born in Waterbury, Connecticut, and died in New York, New York. He was educated in high school and in private music study. Johnson was a pianist in Boston theatres, and then a staff writer for a New York publishing company. During World War I, he served in the United States Navy.

The song was actually recorded in 1929 by a group called “Waring’s Pennsylvanians.” As the name implies, the band was from Pennsylvania (the founder and leader attended Penn State) and included as many as 12 members.
The band and choral group was most popular in the 1920s and 1930s but continued to exist and sing until Fred Waring's death in 1984.
 The group was formed in 1918 as a band at Pennsylvania State University by the brothers Fred and Tom Waring, and their friends Freddy Buck and Poley McClintock.
They began playing at colleges, fraternity parties, proms, etc. and later went on to play in theaters.

They had a big hit in 1925 with the song "Collegiate", probably their best known song. Other popular novelty songs were "I've Never Seen a Straight Banana", "I Wonder How I Look When I'm Asleep" and ofcause "I Scream, You Scream, We All Scream for Ice Cream."


"Ice Cream Truck" is a non-album single by American rapper Cazwell, released on August 17, 2010. The music video for the song was directed by Marco Ovando and premiered on YouTube on July 30th, 2010. The video became a viral hit, receiving over 1 million views within a week, and over 3 million views to date. The song was written for the 2010 film Spork, a film written and directed by J.B. Ghuman Jr.

Luke Caswell, known as Cazwell, is an American rapper and songwriter. His work focuses on gay and bisexual urban themes and content, and his music and videos are frequently played on Logo, a US cable channel geared towards the gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender (LGBT) community. He has released two studio albums—Get Into It in 2006 and Watch My Mouth in 2009—and a number of EPs, music videos and popular singles.

Music videos
The music video for the song features Cazwell with a group of sweaty, muscular young men, dressed in their underwear. Throughout the video they dance erotically, occasionally showing their buttocks, and suggestively lick popsicles. Because of the provocative nature of the music video, YouTube has flagged the video for adult content.


Ice Cream Truck lyrics

Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I'll whip out my Drumstick
that will make your eyes gleam
 lick it up quick - before it melts on the floor
 I got it!
uno-dos-tres-cuatro gimme some more OK!
 Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I can test out my luck
you can play on my team
let's do the banana split
on the dance floor Got it!
 uno-dos-tres-cuatro gimme some more OK!

I met him at the school yard 'round quarter to three
we went out for cheeseburgers with extra cheese
I get my french fries crispy ketchup on the side
and when it comes to dessert this is how i ride I said

Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I'll whip out my Drumstick
that will make your eyes gleam
lick it up quick - before it melts on the floor
I got it!
uno-dos-tres-cuatro gimme some more OK!

You know where to find me from May to July
I'm on the sidewalk chillin' lookin' all kinds of fly
sometimes I get low sometimes I get high
I like rainbow sprinkles on my ice cream pie YEAH RIIIGHT!!

Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I'll whip out my Drumstick
that will make your eyes gleam
lick it up quick - before it melts on the floor
I got it! uno-dos-tres-cuatro gimme some more OK!
 Meet me at the ice cream truck
I'll buy you an ice cream
I can test out my luck
you can play on my team
let's do the banana split on the dance floor Got it!
uno-dos-tres-cuatro gimme some more OK!
END:
Relax take it easy
check it when you see me
I'm chillin' with an ice tea,

watermelon icee (repeat)

No comments: